Have you entered the lottery for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run? Some runners don’t mind rolling the dice for an entry, but others don’t like leaving it up to chance. One way to guarantee your entry to the race is to register as a charity participant and raise $500 by February 28, 2015. Or you can register for the Premium plan with PR Training!
PR Training offers excellent options for runners training for the 2015 event. If you don’t live in DC, the Virtual Training program offers email workouts and support at three levels. But runners who live in the DC area can take advantage of In-person coaching.
Here’s what you get!
- In-person coaching guidance to help you set and meet your race goal(s)
- A training plan for the 10-week program, customized to your level of experience
- Twice weekly in-person workouts – one weekend longer run, and one weekday (optional) track workout
- Guidance on workouts to do on your own during the rest of the week
- New running friends to share the training journey with you (I made some of my closest friends in last year’s program – seriously!)
- Motivation to get out the door (even on those cold and snowy days). There are people counting on you to be there!
- Some fancy new gear from New Balance, the generous partner making this program possible
- And the “premium” program includes a RACE BIB! (register by December 11th to ensure availability)
We really have fun with the training programs. You will learn a lot, make new friends, and be well-prepared for CUCB on April 12, 2015. During the summer training we kept things fun with theme runs such as a superhero run and a pirate run.
There are two levels of the PR training program, standard and premium. The standard program is $159 and includes:
- Long-sleeve premium from New Balance. Last year we got a half zip hoodie that I wear all the time.
- A $50 voucher good towards New Balance footwear or apparel at your local Potomac River Running Store.
- The customized training program, in-person coaching guidance, and lifelong best running friends, as already mentioned above.
The premium program is $199. It includes everything above plus a RACE BIB!!! There are a limited number of slots available for the premium program. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis through December 11.
Training programs begin January 31/February 1 in four locations: Ashburn, Reston, Tysons/Vienna, and DC (convenient to Arlington, Alexandria, and Rockville). Reston participants will be coached by CUCB Race Blog Team member Kim and will have the opportunity to be a featured spotlight runner on the CUCB Race Blog! Sound good? Program and registration info is available here.