We are so happy to have the 42nd Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run under our belts, and hope you had a great race yesterday morning. We know there are some parts of race day that are still on your mind, and have some tips below for maxing out your runner’s high!
1. Check Out Your Results. Check your results on your RaceJoy App, on the results site right here, or even the interactive enhanced results on RunPix. RunPix results offer really cool visualizations that can show you where you were on the course when others finished. For example, you could look up Ben Beach’s finish time and find out where you were when he crossed the finish line on his 42nd CUCB! If your GPS clocked you at a longer or shorter race on Sunday, we have an explanation here. If your chip time is really far off, or you aren’t showing up in the results list, please fill out this form.
2. Relive Race Day. The wonderful team at RunnerSpace has an entire site dedicated to the CUCB. You can catch finish line videos of everyone, stories from elite athletes, and pictures from the lead runners in the USATF 10 Mile Championships and the open competition by visiting the page here. You can also see a segment about CUCB from FOX 5, and another from NBC Washington.
3. Treat Yo’self. Check the back of your race bib for a discount to Potomac River Running Store to splurge on some of their gear. If you want to commemorate a great race, you can also shop our official race merchandise page, which will have the order form for medals as soon as that is available as well.
4. Learn About Our Charity Partners. We have so many wonderful community partners who we work with year round. This is a great time to learn about organizations that are making a difference in the community like Teens Run DC, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Children’s National Medical Center, and the Council for Responsible Sport.
5. Mark Your Calendars. We’re already planning for the 2015 CUCB, and have heard from many of you who are doing the same. You can sign up for reminder emails about 2015 lottery dates here. If you are feeling inspired, we encourage you to enter our t-shirt design contest by June 1, 2014. The 43rd running of the Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run will be on April 12, 2015 – we hope to see you there!