Happy New Year! Do you have big running goals for 2017? Whether the Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run is your spring goal race or one of many awesome events on your calendar, we want you to be healthy and strong when you line up at the start so you can be smiling when you reach the finish line.
Since it’s that time of year, we’re sharing our New Year’s resolutions for runners to help you make 2017 your best year ever.
Sara wants to improve her nutrition
1. Run a 30 minute 5K–I need to shave about 3 minutes off my time!
1. I want to run even when I feel uncomfortable, or feel pressured, or when I’m scared of things going wrong.
2. I resolve to run fearlessly and with gratitude and fight the dark side.
1. Be more careful with my nutrition, especially on business trips.
2. Balance my training with cross-training and strength training.
3. Remember rest days are essential to a successful training season.
Kim wants to look forward, not back
Kim is learning to manage hallux rigidus, and has lost her fitness base in the process. As she makes her comback, she finds it hard not to compare herself to where she used to be.
1. I will be accepting of where I am and look forward rather than back.
2. I will focus on what I can do rather than what I can’t do.
3. I will remember how lucky I am to be able to run at all.
We want to help you reach your goals!
It’s no surprise that many of our resolutions have similar themes: improve nutrition, prevent injury, and set a personal record or two. The Credit Union Cherry Blossom partners can help all of us–and you!–reach these goals.
- Medstar Sports will be giving educational seminars on proper training techniques, injury prevention, health and nutrition, and race recovery. The first one is January 17–sign up here!
- Potomac River Running is offering an in-person training program specifically tailored for the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run. Sessions start January 21–sign up here!
- Under Armour is sponsoring virtual training programs at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels. Sessions start January 23–sign up here!